Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering(R3/523/6/0075) (08/25) (MQA/FA 2774)
Electrical and Electronic Engineering has rapidly penetrated into many diverse areas such as Power Generation and Distribution, Process Control and Automation, VLSI Design, Manufacturing and Computer Engineering. The present day electrical and electronic industries demand highly skilled engineers and technicians to design, manufacture, commission and maintain the equipment. Our Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree programme provides an educational competence to match the requirements of modern day industries. The availability of jobs for the engineering graduates is at an all-time high. Some of the exciting career opportunities both in government and private sectors include Operations, Maintenance, Designs, Research, Teaching and Project Management in areas such as: Electrical power, Space systems, Electric Traction, Communication Systems, Antennas, Computers, Medical Instrumentation, Lasers and Electro-optics.
- Engineering Mathematics 1A
- Electronic Devices
- Programming Technique
- Electrical Circuits
- Engineering Mathematics 1B
- Engineering Materials Digital Circuits & System Design
- Engineering Mathematics 2A
- Electronic Circuits
- Electromagnetic Field & Waves
- Electrical Machines 1
- Measurements & Instrumentation
- Engineering Mathematics 2B
- Signals & Systems
- Communication Systems
- Electrical Machines 2
- Control Systems
- Generation & Transmission
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller
- Project Management & Finance
- Digital Signal Processing
- Engineers & Society
- Power System Analysis
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Electrical Power Distribution & Utilization
- Integrated Design Project – Phase I
- Industrial Training
- Final Year Project – Phase I
- High Voltage Engineering
- Integrated Design Project – Phase II
- Final Year Project – Phase II
- Sustainable Engineering
|MUET BAND 2|
|STPM/STAM or equivalent||Pass with grade C (GPA 2.00) in Mathematics and 1 related science subject.
Pass A-Level with full pass in 2 subjects including Mathematics & Science.
(Internal requirement: pass equivalent to C)
|UEC||Pass with grade B in 5 subjects including
Mathematics & 1 related Science subject
|AIMST Foundation/ Recognized Foundation/ Matriculation||Pass with CGPA ≥ 2.0 and (internal requirement:
minimum grades C in Maths and Physics
(Grades C refers to C+, C).
(GP for Grade C must be at least 2.0)
|Diploma Engineering/ Engineering Technology||Pass with CGPA ≥ 2.0|
|Diploma Vocational& Technical/ related skills||Pass with minimum CGPA ≥ 2.0|
|Other Equivalent Qualifications||Will be assessed and referred for approval on case by case basis|
(2017 EAC POs)
– Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization as specified in WK1 to WK4 respectively to the solution of complex engineering problems.
– Identify, formulate, conduct research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences. (WK1 to WK4).
Design/Development of Solutions
|Design/Development of Solutions
– Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (WK5)
– Conduct investigation of complex engineering problems using research-based knowledge (WK8) and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern Tool Usage
|Modern Tool Usage
– Create, select and apply
appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering problems, with an understanding of the limitations. (WK6)
The Engineer and Society
|The Engineer and Society
– Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solutions to complex engineering problems. (WK7)
Environment and Sustainability
|Environment and Sustainability
– Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of professional engineering works in the solutions of complex engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts. (WK7)
– Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice. (WK7)
Individual and Team Work
|Individual and Team Work
– Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
– Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project Management and Finance
|Project Management and Finance
– Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life Long Learning
|Life Long Learning
– Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Educational Objectives:
PEO 1: To produce employable graduates competent in the field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
PEO 2: To produce internationally recognized Electrical and Electronic Engineers who can serve, manage and lead local and multinational companies to higher level.
PEO 3: To produce Electrical and Electronic Engineers with societal engagement and entrepreneurial skills.
PEO 4: To produce Electrical and Electronic Engineers embarking in higher studies, research, professional development and related activities.
The Engineering program that is being in AIMST University provided is one of the best and it creates opportunity equipped with adequate knowledge in a rapidly changing industry. I have benefited enormously, thanks to my amazing faculty and dedicated lecturers who helped me to be placed where I am today. Thank you AIMST University.
4 years of studies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering program in AIMST University offers high-quality teaching, opportunities to engage with industry, hands-on project and flexible study options. The lectures and tutorials are interesting and academically stimulating, and applies to real-world case studies which are extremely useful. My achievement is a priceless sensation, completing the degree program in 4 years and moving towards my career life.
Tan Qian Yi