Master in Science (Human Anatomy)(R2/721/7/0068) (08/24) (A 9339)
MASTER IN SCIENCE (HUMAN ANATOMY)
The Master in Science in Human Anatomy programme at AIMST University provides a solid foundation in human anatomy as a basis for teaching, as well as basic and applied research. It considers all aspects of human anatomy and incorporates local requirements as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
This programme has been developed to provide postgraduate training in human anatomy and is intended for students graduating from life sciences and related disciplines who wish to extend their knowledge of anatomy and/or who wish to pursue a career in the anatomical sciences.
Click to view the Postgraduate Programmes Brochure.
Components of the Programme
Year 1 & 2
Semester based 2 years full time Mixed mode course on campus
- Human Anatomy (a composite of the following subjects with lab components) Compulsory & elective modules :
General anatomy, musculoskeletal anatomy, regional neurovascular anatomy, cardiovascular anatomy and respiratory anatomy, Gastrointestinal anatomy, renal anatomy, neuroanatomy, endocrine & reproductive anatomy and clinical anatomy, Anatomical techniques, human genetics. Elective modules – Forensic Anatomy, Medical imaging, Comparative anatomy and radiological anatomy.
- Research Methods, Biostatistics & Ethics, Research Project, Teaching Assistantship. Mode of delivery (lecture/tutorial/lab/fieldwork/studio etc.): A combination of teaching-learning methods including student seminars, lectures, tutorials, laboratory practical, assignments and student-initiated learning, elective modules, journal club presentation and research project.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following subjects—Veterinary medicine, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biomedicine, Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Biophysics are encouraged to apply. A minimum of 5 credit at MQF level 6 is required in Human Anatomy. Students lacking this requirement may be required to take one or more components of the foundation program depending on the course they have taken a part of their Bachelor’s qualification.
There is an examination at the end of the Foundation Programme.
Theory and practical examination at the end of Year 1 Theory and practical examination in Research Methods, Biostatistics and Ethics in Year 2.
Successful completion of a report of the research project and defence of the project is required for graduation.
Masters by research & Masters by Mixed Mode:
CGPA > 2.75, for 2.75 >CGPA> 2.5 can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
Masters by coursework: Min CGPA of 2.5
*Int Student- TOEFL Min Score 550 or IELTS Min Score 6.0 If No Language Criteria then need
to pass Language Placement Examination at University Level
|Degrees||Bachelor ‘ s Degree|
1) Min CGPA of 2.75 as accepted by HEP Senate.
2) 2.75 > CGPA > 2.50 with internal assessment
3) CGPA < 2.5 with a minimum of 5
years working experience in relevant field.
- Further research leading to PhD
- Teaching careers in academia