Master in Science (Medical Biochemistry)(R2/421/7/0026) (03/25) (A 9669)
MASTER IN SCIENCE (MEDICAL BIOCHEMISTRY)
The Master in Science in Medical Biochemistry programme in AIMST University provides a solid foundation in Medical Biochemistry as a basis for teaching and research. This programme is designed to train graduates to demonstrate:
- Basic knowledge in the fields of Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Information Technology, Genetic, Medical Biochemistry and Bioinformatics
- Plan and conduct a given research project, analyse and interpret the data obtained.
- Motivation and skill required to pursue further research and life-long learning.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in the use and application of information technology tools
- Leadership qualities and the ability to work in a team
- Managerial and entrepreneurial skills
Components of the Programme
The programme is fully research based. Component of the programme are not subjects based but are divided according to the research areas / expertise: Medical Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Genetic Engineering, Traditional Medicines, Oncology.
Continuous assessment will be done through the assessment of interim presentation of projects work. The tools used may include proposal presentation, research progress reports, portfolio, journal club presentations, publication and conference participation.
The final assessment and recommendation for graduation are primarily based on the evaluation of the candidate’s report of research projects and his/her defense of the project.
Masters by research & Masters by Mixed Mode:
CGPA > 2.75, for 2.75 >CGPA> 2.5 can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
Masters by coursework: Min CGPA of 2.5
*Int Student- TOEFL Min Score 550 or IELTS Min Score 6.0 If No Language Criteria then need
to pass Language Placement Examination at University Level
|Degrees||Bachelor in Biochemistry (Hons), or other related science degree.|
- Further research leading to PhD
- Teaching careers in academia
- R&D Management
- Generic Counseling and Forensic Science
- Environmental Monitoring and Pollution Control
- Marketing and Sales
- Patents and Intellectual Property Right