Master in Science (Medical Physiology)(R2/720/7/0099) (08/24) (A 9670)
MASTER IN SCIENCE (MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY)
The Master in Science in Medical Physiology programme in AIMST University is designed to enable graduates to acquire and demonstrate
- Acceptable level of understanding of the structure and functioning of the human body,
- Aptitude for research in a field related to the discipline of medical physiology,
- Aptitude to teach physiology to undergraduate students in the profession
- For pursuing evidence-based physiology education,
- High standards of professional conducts and
- Aptitude for continuous professional development
Components of the Programme
Year 1 &2
Medical Physiology is a semester-based 2-year course composite of core and elective subjects in year 1 that includes General and Cellular Basis of Medical Physiology, Physiology of Nerve and Muscle, Hematology & Immunology, Gastrointestinal Physiology, Neurophysiology, Endocrinology & Reproduction, Cardiovascular Physiology, Pulmonary Physiology, Renal and Acid-Base Physiology
Research Methods, Biostatistics & Ethics; Research Projects in year 2
A combination of teaching-learning methods including student seminars, lectures, tutorials, laboratory practical, assignments and student-initiated learning, elective modules, journal club presentation and research project.
This programme consists of three taught modules: Fundamentals in Humans Anatomy, Human Physiology and Medical Biochemistry. The Foundation Programme is optional for those whose entry qualification is MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, B.Nursing or B. Biomedical Sciences; candidates whose primary qualification is not one of the above degrees must undergo this programme.
There is an examination at the end of the Foundation Programme, theory and a practical examination at the end of Year 1, one written paper in Research Methods, Biostatistics and Ethics in Year 2. Successful completion of a thesis of the research project and defense of the thesis is also required for graduation.
Masters by research & Masters by Mixed Mode:
CGPA > 2.75, for 2.75 >CGPA> 2.5 can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
Masters by coursework: Min CGPA of 2.5
*Int Student- TOEFL Min Score 550 or IELTS Min Score 6.0 If No Language Criteria then need
to pass Language Placement Examination at University Level
|Degrees||Bachelor ‘ s Degree
1) Min CGPA of 2.75 as accepted by HEP Senate.
2) 2.75 > CGPA > 2.50 with internal
3) CGPA < 2.5 with a minimum of 5
years working experience in relevant field.
- Further research leading to a PhD
- Teaching careers in academia