Master in Science (Medical Physiology)(R2/720/7/0099) (08/24) (A 9670)
MASTER IN SCIENCE (MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY)
The Master in Science in Medical Physiology programme in AIMST University is designed to enable graduates to acquire and demonstrate
- Acceptable level of understanding of the structure and functioning of the human body,
- Aptitude for research in a field related to the discipline of medical physiology,
- Aptitude to teach physiology to undergraduate students in the profession
- For pursuing evidence-based physiology education,
- High standards of professional conducts and
- Aptitude for continuous professional development
Click to view the Postgraduate Programmes Brochure.
Components of the Programme
Year 1 & 2
Medical Physiology is a semester-based 2-year course composite of core and elective subjects in year 1 that includes General and Cellular Basis of Medical Physiology, Physiology of Nerve and Muscle, Hematology & Immunology, Gastrointestinal Physiology, Neurophysiology, Endocrinology & Reproduction, Cardiovascular Physiology, Pulmonary Physiology, Renal and Acid-Base Physiology
Research Methods, Biostatistics & Ethics; Research Projects in year 2
A combination of teaching-learning methods including student seminars, lectures, tutorials, laboratory practical, assignments and student-initiated learning, elective modules, journal club presentation and research project.
This programme consists of three taught modules: Fundamentals in Humans Anatomy, Human Physiology and Medical Biochemistry. The Foundation Programme is optional for those whose entry qualification is MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, B.Nursing or B. Biomedical Sciences; candidates whose primary qualification is not one of the above degrees must undergo this programme.
There is an examination at the end of the Foundation Programme, theory and a practical examination at the end of Year 1, one written paper in Research Methods, Biostatistics and Ethics in Year 2. Successful completion of a thesis of the research project and defence of the thesis is also required for graduation.
Masters by research & Masters by Mixed Mode:
CGPA > 2.75, for 2.75 >CGPA> 2.5 can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
Masters by coursework: Min CGPA of 2.5
*Int Student- TOEFL Min Score 550 or IELTS Min Score 6.0 If No Language Criteria then need
to pass Language Placement Examination at University Level
1) Min CGPA of 2.75 as accepted by HEP Senate.
2) 2.75 > CGPA > 2.50 with internal
3) CGPA < 2.5 with a minimum of 5
years working experience in relevant field.
- Further research leading to a PhD
- Teaching careers in academia